Mint Chocolate Chip Trifle
Author: Rachel Gutierrez
- 1 avocado, refrigerated
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1/2 tsp. powdered stevia
- 1 tsp. natural peppermint extract
- 1/4-1/2 tsp. chlorella, optional (deepens the green color and adds nutrients)
- 2 round Tbs. cacao powder (or carob powder, or a combo of the 2)
- chocolate chips or cacao nibs for topping
- Blend the avocado, banana, almond milk, and stevia together in a food processor or blender. Remove half of the mixture and set it aside in a bowl.
- Add the cacao powder to the mixture remaining in the food processor/blender and mix until fully combined (you may have to stop and scrape down the sides a couple of times).
- Add the peppermint extract and chlorella (optional) to the mixture in the bowl and blend well (I just used a spoon for this).
- In your serving dishes, layer the mint and chocolate puddings. Sprinkle with chocolate chips or cacao nibs.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, serve, and enjoy!
Store in the fridge in a sealed container.
Recipe by Almonds & Avocados at http://almondsandavocados.com/mint-chocolate-chip-trifle-and-making-better-choices/